Over 55 Buy-to-Let Options
Release cash tax free from Buy-to-Let properties
Our Over 55 Buy-to-Let Options are secured on a Buy-to-Let property. They allow Landlords to release cash from their property tax free, leaving their entire portfolio intact. Your customers can choose to make capital and interest payments or let the interest roll-up. There are no affordability assessments on any of the options.
There are two options in our product range:
- Over 55 Buy-to-Let Lifestyle
Your customer will receive a one-off lump sum and no payments are due. The interest is added to the loan each month for the life of the loan.
- Over 55 Buy-to-Let Voluntary Select
Your customer can choose to repay up to 10% of the loan each year, without incuring an early repyament charge. An unlimited number of voluntary contributions can be made, with a minimum contribution amount of £50. Contributions can be made by cheque, BACs transfer, debit card or standing order.
Our Over 55 Buy-to-Let Options product features:
- The interest rate is fixed from the outset.
- Customers can release between £10,000 and £750,000
- Fixed early repayment charges. Our Over 55 Buy-to-Let Options have fixed early repayment charges. They are 5% of the initial loan amount for the first five years, 3% for years 5 to 8, and 0% from year 9 onwards.
- No affordability assessments or minimum income requirements. Whether your customer chooses to make capital and interest payments or simply let the interest roll-up, we won't carry out any affordability assessments or impose minimum income requirements.
- The mortgage has an open ended term, so your customers won't need to refinance at a later date
- Customers benefit from a fixed interest rate for life
- Customers can take advantage of a free valuation
How do we define a Buy-to-Let property?
A Buy-to-Let property is a property that:
- The owner does not occupy
- Is let out with an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) in place
Our Over 55 Buy-to-Let Options are mortgages.
There are two different types of mortgages for Buy-to-Let properties:
- ‘Buy-to-Let’ is used to describe most mortgages on properties that are let out. These are not regulated by the FCA.
- ‘Consumer Buy-to-Let’ is used to describe mortgages on properties that have been inherited or were previously the owners’ main residence. These are regulated by the FCA.
The Buy-to-Let Options we offer can be used for either scenario. We have chosen to present the information we provide about these products in the same format as our regulated products.
Your customer won't benefit from the protection of the FCA conduct rules or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), as the products are not regulated. This product range is also not covered by all the Equity Release Council product standards as it is not a lifetime mortgage and it is not secured on the borrowers’ main residence. However a No Negative Equity Guarantee is still offered.
Read our range of case studies
You can find out more about why customers are choosing to take out an Over 55 Buy-to-Let mortgage here:
You can find out more about how the products work, as well as the product features, in our At A Glance Over 55 Buy-to-Let Options Guide.
|Product||Monthly interest rate (MER)||Annual interest rate (AER)|
|Over 55 Buy-to-Let Lifestyle||6.26%||6.44%|
|Over 55 Buy-to-Let Voluntary Select||6.45%||6.64%|
Our maximum LTV is 34%. You can find our LTV tables here.