Second Home Options
Release cash tax free from Second Homes
Our Second Home Options provide your customer with a one-off, cash lump sum. There are range of options, allowing your client to choose whether they service the interest and capital, or let the interest roll-up.
Unlike traditional Lifetime Mortgages where the loan is secured on the main residence, our Second Home Options are secured on a Second Home property.
There are two options in our product range:
- Second Home Lifestyle
This is a traditional Lifetime Mortgage, where the interest rolls up each month and no payments are due.
- Second Home Voluntary Select
Your client can make a contribution of up to 10% of the initial loan amount each year, without incurring an early repayment charge (ERC). An unlimited number of voluntary contributions can be made, with a minimum contribution amount of £50. Contributions can be made by cheque, BACs transfer, debit card or standing order.
How do we define a second home?
A second home is a property that:
- must be available for the sole occupancy of the owner
- if let-out, must be let-out for only a maximum of 4 weeks at a time
- must be used by the homeowner for a minimum of 4 weeks every year
Our Second Home product features:
- The interest rate is fixed from the outset.
- Customers can release between £10,000 and £750,000
- Fixed early repayment charges. Our Second Home Options have fixed early repayment charges. They are 5% of the initial loan amount for the first five years, 3% for years 5 to 8, and 0% from year 9 onwards.
- No affordability assessments. Whether your customer chooses to make interest payments, capital and interest payments, or simply let the interest roll-up, we won't carry out any affordability assessments.
You can find out more about these product options in our At A Glance Second Home Options Guide.
|Product||Monthly interest rate (MER)||Annual interest rate (AER)|
|Second Home Lifestyle||6.26%||6.44%|
|Second Home Voluntary Select||6.45%||6.64%|
Our maximum LTV is 34%. You can find our LTV tables here.