Defaqto Protected Index Portfolio Report
In this latest report, Defaqto reviews our exclusive Retirement Account fund 80% Protected Index Portfolio
This report reviews the Protected Index Portfolio fund, explaining how it works, why it makes sense for investors in retirement, and who it is suitable for.
Carried out in a Q&A format, Defaqto pose eight key questions:
- What is the current economic and market backdrop and
what does this imply for likely future investment returns?
- What are the key differences between investing in the
accumulation and decumulation phases?
- What type of fund is the 80% Protected Index Portfolio?
- Who is the team behind the fund?
- What is the underlying investment process?
- How does the fund work?
- What are the charges?
- Who is the fund suitable for?
The Protected Index Portfolio - A unique fund which can give clients balanced growth, 80% capital protection and volatility smoothing - without the risk of 'cash lock'.
The Protected Index Portfolio (PIP) fund aims to limit investment risk by ensuring that the investment can never fall below 80% of the highest unit price the fund has achieved.