Senior Product and Marketing Executive
Retirement Advantage are an established, award-winning financial services company that can trace its roots back to 1852, offering retirement income and equity release products to consumers. Retirement Advantage have recently been acquired by Canada Life, with an expected completion date in Q1 2018.
The Equity Release business within the company is currently expanding rapidly, having recently secured new funding contracts. A role has arisen within the Marketing team to help support this business growth.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing within the Equity Release team, this is a varied and exciting opportunity in which you will lead and deliver a range of marketing projects and campaigns for a B2B channel.
With experience in financial services marketing you will ideally have a good understanding of the major customer segments in the intermediated market, but also the needs of the consumer. Activity will be delivered across the marketing mix.
You will also support the Head of Marketing in managing existing product lines during the full product lifecycle, alongside ensuring all market feedback is incorporated into new product development.
Building and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders is very important and you should be able to demonstrate that you can build a strong network, work in a team, motivate others and interact with individuals at all levels – both internally and externally.
This role has no direct reports, but you will ideally have mentoring experience to support a more junior team member.
This role is based in London (Cannon Street).
- Research and Development of the Marketing Approach
- To help develop and deliver marketing campaign briefs and the communication approach for Retirement Advantage. This will include the role holder taking specific ownership and accountability for agreed marketing campaigns.
- Development and execution of campaign plans to ensure the timely delivery of relevant and compelling marketing message.
- To incorporate an understanding of the business and customer in proposing marketing tactics as part of a larger marketing initiative.
- Create new or modify existing marketing materials to meet business or campaign requirements.
- Develop messaging strategies or individual tactics within a larger marketing program designed to address specific business objectives.
- Marketing Strategy Execution
- Utilise the marketing mix for maximum impact and cut through which includes advertising, email, web, and product collateral.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the group and wider organisation to deliver best in class communications and marketing material.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to actively generate relevant content ideas.
- Draw on and liaise with internal and external resources, including negotiating costs and managing delivery to timelines.
- Manage projects end-to-end, ensuring deliverables are high quality and innovative – and delivered on time, on brand, on budget and meet the brief.
- Prioritise multiple tasks, competing priorities and tight time frames.
- Ensure marketing communications meet Retirement Advantage’s requirements for Treating Customers Fairly.
- Product management
- Responsible for managing all product documentation during the full product lifecycle
- Ensuring all product information is current, transparent and relevant
- Analysis of external environment, identifying any market opportunities or threats
- Ensure governance procedures are documented during the full product lifecycle
- Ensure all market feedback is fed into new product development workstreams
- Experience required
- Proven marketing and campaign management experience, minimum 3 years
- Good communication skills to forge effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to assimilate diverse information and distil it into key messages, prioritise and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to deliver engaging, market leading content across multiple communication mediums (eg. email promotions, social media, video, but also presentations and other collateral for events, magazines, brochures)
- Good eye for detail in the accurate management of documentation and production of materials
- Marketing experience in the Financial Services sector
- Desired but not essential experience
- Understanding of the artwork and print production processes
- Experience of working with external agencies
- Experience of dealing with compliance and understanding of regulatory impact
- Analytical and process oriented to support evidence based marketing and evolve campaign best practice
- Required personal skills
- Excellent communication, proof reading and editing skills and a good writer.
- Positive and friendly attitude, capable of working both alone and in small teams.
- Enthusiasm and reliance to pressure.
- Motivated and resourceful, a quick learner who demonstrates initiative.
- Desire to succeed and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
If you would like to hear more about the role, find out more about the benefits, or apply for the role, please email us.