Retirement Advantage products
Solutions for a comfortable retirement
Most people have two main sources of income in retirement - the money they’ve saved in pensions over the years, and the equity built up in their home.
We can help you make use of these assets to provide for a more comfortable retirement.
Make the most of your pension savings
We have a range of solutions that can help:
Our Retirement Account means you don't have to choose between a Guaranteed Annuity, Pension Savings and Pension Drawdown, as it allows you to combine one, two or even all three in the same place*.
- A Guaranteed Annuity to cover your everyday living essentials
- The option of easy access and opportunity for growth through Pension Drawdown funds**, or
- Set your money aside as Pension Savings until such time as you want to start taking benefits - meaning you’re ready for life’s unexpected expenses and occasional treats.
What's more, the account can provide the ability to leave money to loved ones.
- Important note: This product was closed to new business in March 2018 - Find out more
- Important note: This product was closed to new business in September 2016 - Find out more
Our Retirement Planning help and guidance section has everything you need to help you plan for your future.
Release the equity in your property
Increasingly, people are using the equity that has built up in their property to help boost their income without having to move house. Our range of mortgages can be secured on your:
- Main residence
- Second home
- Buy-to-Let property
Our products provide flexibility and certainty, and can be tailored to suit your individual needs:
- Our Voluntary Select Options allow you to pay off some of the interest and capital each year, with greater flexibility over how much you can pay and when you can make the payments.
- Our Interest Select Options allow you to pay some or all of the interest each year (this means you can reduce the impact of interest roll-up). Available on main residence properties only.
- Our Lifestyle Options don’t require you to repay anything at all during your lifetime.