Everything you need to help plan your finances -
before, during and after retirement
Drawdown gives you full access to your pension savings through funds that are invested in shares, bonds, property and other financial investments.More
With help from a financial adviser, you can control the tax you pay on income from pension drawdown. The first 25% of your pension funds withdrawn are tax-free.More
Equity Release allows you to release some of the money, or equity, in your home and can be used to help supplement your pension income or pay off your existing mortgage.More
FAQs and glossary
An introduction into the world of pensions, including information on saving into a pension, how pensions work and the frequently asked question…..can I retire early?
- Why save into a pension?
- How do pensions work?
- Can I retire early?
- Will the age of retirement change soon?
- Can I afford to retire?
- How do I retire later in life?
- The different types of pensions
- Should I consolidate my pensions?
- What is a defined contribution scheme?
- Transferring out of defined benefit pension scheme
- What is auto-enrolment?
- Dealing with debt
- Can I combine my pension funds so I can buy just one annuity?
- Can I take a lump sum from my pension pot?
You’ll have a number of decisions to make concerning your retirement. These include decisions about tax, when to take the State Pension and the right retirement plan for you.
- Which pension will I receive?
- State Pension and benefits
- How much is the State Pension?
- What tax do I pay in retirement?
- Dealing with income tax
- How do retirement plans work?
- Are pensions taxable?
- What is pension release?
- Equity Release misconceptions
- Will my medical history affect my annuity application?
- How do I find a Financial Adviser?
- What are my retirement options?
- Deferring my state pension
- Can I still work when I'm retired?
- Making a will
- Can I move house if I have a lifetime mortgage?
Managing your income will be critical in maintaining your desired lifestyle in retirement. In this section we provide help with questions such as ‘What is an annuity?’, ‘What is a drawdown pension?’ and ‘What is Equity Release?’.
- How to create an income from your pension
- Workplace pensions
- How am I taxed during retirement?
- What is The Lifetime Allowance?
Annuities: guaranteed retirement income
- What is an annuity?
- Are annuities safe?
- Are annuity payments taxable?
- How do I choose the right annuity?
- What is a guaranteed annuity rate?
- Can annuities be inherited?
- What are the different types of annuity?
- How do I shop around for the best annuity?
- Does an annuity count as an income?
- Can I choose when I receive my annuity?
- Where to buy an annuity and what does it cost?
Pension Drawdown: flexible retirement income
Equity release: access the value in your home
How to make the most out of your retirement and also avoid common mistakes!
At Retirement Advantage we known how important it is for you to review all aspects that could affect your retirement options - that's why we have various tools for you to use, to aid you in your discussions with your financial adviser
The Retirement Account documents
Equity Release documents
Guaranteed Annuity documents -
Our standalone Guaranteed Annuity will shortly be closing to new business. Customers with existing Guaranteed Annuity policies will not be affected.
Flexible Income Annuity documents -
Please note that the Flexible Income Annuity was closed to new business in September 2016.
|Retirement pensions; the new birthday present?||The pensions vs property debate needs more public attention||Is the “triple lock” under threat?|